Vehicle Storage Lifts have been one of the most feasible solutions which enable the owners to optimize their parking space while ensuring full safety. Be it in the retail stores, shopping malls, multiplexes, or even in residential apartments, these car storage elevators seem to offer an optimal vehicle parking solution. However, it is automotive repairing industries and garages that seem to have been benefited with this specialized technology. In garages, with the help of these storage elevators, the technicians can now easily and safely repair the car’s underneath. These elevators enable the technicians to safely buoy the vehicle off the ground and diagnose the problems more efficiently. These state-of-the-art technologies thus increase the productivity in garages. A standard vehicle elevating machine can withstand a load of as much as 25,000 pounds. These machines come in a plethora of designs and are capable of storing different kinds of vehicles – from the small family cars to a mammoth SUV.
In automotive garages, the vehicle storage elevators boost the productivity by enabling the technicians to carry out their repair jobs for accurately. This is one of the main factors that make these machines one of the choicest options in the car repairing centers. The technicians can take the vehicle off the ground without any hassle or risk and can even adjust the height level as per their need. The mechanics can now carry out the job more comfortably while being in his natural position.
Some of the most common types of vehicle storage lifts that are commonly used in the garages are In-ground car elevators, Parallelograms and scissor car elevators, Two-post surface mounted elevators, Four-post surface mounted elevators and Wheel-engaging mobile lifts.
• In-ground car elevators – These automotive elevators are placed underground and have one or multiple pistons to pull the automobile off the ground. Since it is placed in the underground, it offers more floor space.
• Parallelograms and scissor car elevators – Mostly used to elevate heavier vehicles, these types can easily move a vehicle up, down, towards the front or at the back. The scissor lifts can vertically move the vehicle.
• Two-post surface mounted elevators – This specific type can raise a wide range of vehicles, yet they do not take up too much space.
• Four-post surface mounted elevators – These are almost similar to Two-post surface mounted ones and have a convenient drive-on feature enabling easier muffler repairs and oil changes.
• Wheel-engaging mobile lifts – Wheel-engaging mobile types are suited for the huge vehicles such as buses and feature mobile lifting columns.
There are some operational safety measures which need to be followed while using Vehicle Storage Elevators. In garages, the automobile mechanics need to be fully trained to understand the functionalities of these machinery. This is necessary for effective operations as well as for minimizing the chances of damage on the vehicle’s exterior. The garage owners should always seek to buy high-quality vehicle elevators from reputed manufacturers. The machines should comply with highest quality standards and must be periodically inspected for safety to prevent recurring failure.